Can't read English? Use Google Translate :)

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Back to Basics

Ok, let's try to get back to the original plan. Let me try to continue my description of relationships. I got sidetracked by Martins comments and then by my own thoughts. Sorry about that.

I want to go into more detail regarding the interaction in a relationship. For now I will focus on our relationships with other humans.

In our inter human relationships (relationships between humans) there are two basic types of interaction. Giving and receiving. Both parties of the relationship does both, but one party might do it to a greater or lesser extent. The following diagram shows the basic interaction between humans X and Y:

From the diagram you can see that the two subjects of our study will receive the amount of attention equal to the amount of attention sent from one to the other. Thus we can simplify the diagram to the following:

In this relationship we can see clearly that person X has a greater interest in the relationship than person Y. He gives more to the relationship and receives less than person Y does. In time the balance may shift as the relationship evolves or the relationship may slowly erode away as person X realizes that person Y  isn't interested in the relationship anymore. Inter human relationships are dynamic and needs input from both parties if it is to grow.

In my next session I will look into our unavoidable relationships and how they grow.

1 comment:

  1. Did anyone hit the send and receive button for this relationship? :)

    ReplyDelete