Can't read English? Use Google Translate :)

Saturday 1 June 2013

Some reasons

As promised, I am back with another post. I am still not sure exactly where and when my story started, maybe in Genesis, maybe even before Genesis. But I am not here to write about the history of the world, only about the history of Cilliers Marais. That and hopefully the future of Cilliers Marais as well.

To put it simply, I am unhappy. I haven't been really happy in a very long time - don't lose interest now guys, this will not be a depressing moan-story where I tell you how unfair life has treated me and all of that typical self-pity nonsense.
I have every reason to be happy, and yet here I am, sitting in the cold isolation of the Maluti Mountains in northern Lesotho. Unhappy.

An interesting hut close to where I stay at the moment.

Through writing this blog I want to figure out where I stopped being happy and why. I want to explore myself and my past through writing. The main focus of my posts will be relationships. Once again guys, don't run away! If you think about it, our entire lives are lived in relation to everything else. We live in relation to other people, yes. But we also live in relation to weather, food, toothpaste, animals, water, grass...

You see where I am going with this? I want to actively think about how I live in relation to everything around me. That is why I am writing this blog. It forces me to take some time to sit back and think about my life, to think about how I fit in and where I fit in. Up until now I have tried to avoid thinking
by being busy all the time. Over the last 6 months though, I haven't had anything to do, so I started thinking about stuff and I didn't really like where those thoughts led to. Hopefully through this blog and with your help, I will rediscover my equilibrium and become a happy man once more.

Thank you for your comment Ivan, your question was a relevant one. Some blogs can definitely carry on for a very very long time, but if all goes according to plan, this one will end once I have regained my balance. :)

5 comments:

  1. Just a quick comment on today's post. I am not unhappy because I am currently in cold Lesotho. I am in mountainous isolation because I am unhappy. If that makes any sense..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is reg Cil. Laat die ondersoek begin. Ek sal help waar ek kan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need a reality check every once in awhile... Let the journey begin. I am tagging along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://youtu.be/w7Myff5AZM

    ReplyDelete